As an active member of the business community, BlissFireMedia realizes the value and importance of social media for business promotion and practices. We also recognize the growing influence of social media and its widening scope. BlissFireMedia has implemented the following social media policy to help our employees understand and adhere to standard responsible social media practices, put in place to protect the employees, their jobs, and BlissFireMedia as a whole.
Any employee of BlissFireMedia may elect to create a blog, contribute online, or participate in an online social network of any kind. For all employees, the same guidelines which can be found in the employee handbook, including policies regarding employee activity and conduct, apply to employee activities on social media or other forms of online publishing.
- Any time you participate in social media, you are posting on your own behalf unless expressly requested by BlissFireMedia to post on the company’s behalf (i.e., social media, marketing employees). Any posts on social media or other online publishing should be made under your own name.
- When posting anything that may be associated with you professionally, it is vital that you post a disclaimer such as: “the opinion expressed here is entirely my own and does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of BlissFireMedia.”
- If you identify yourself as a BlissFireMedia represetative via social media, your opinions and viewpoint must reflect the responsibilities of your position.
- Always adhere to copyright standards and respect the intellectual property of others when utilizing social media platforms or other online publishing forms.
- Do not, under any circumstances, disclose any personal information about the company or its employees.
- Do not disclose confidential information about BlissFireMedia, its practices, or any information meant to be shared only with fellow employees.
- Any rumors, slander, or confidential information shared via social media may have a significant negative impact on this company and its reputation. Legal action may be brought against the individual responsible for the publication of this information.
- Remember that, as an employee, you are an ambassador for the company, and your manner in all situations, including online, should reflect that in a positive way.
- Always respect your audience. In every situation, use social media as a respectful tool to share ideas and information. Be especially mindful when dealing with sensitive subjects such as politics and religion.
- Share content intelligently. If you publish an item professionally, you may help to strengthen the community of BlissFireMedia. Make sure what you publish is helpful, valuable, and promotes the principles of this company.
- Protect your privacy. Always think twice before posting, and remember that what you share may remain in the public domain for a long time afterwards. Make sure you are protecting your own privacy and that of the company’s.